Learn more about the common cancer-causing agents firefighters may face on the job as well as the importance of wearing proper PPE and using decontamination techniques to help reduce exposure to toxic substances and increase firefighter health and quality of life in this free online course. This course is provided free of charge by Globe Turnout Gear and the FireRescue1 Academy and offers a formal certificate upon completion.
This course will cover everything you need to know, including:
- Identify the common cancer-causing agents firefighters face.
- Recognize the rising prevalence of firefighter cancer.
- Apply the current best practices suggested by leading departments of proper PPE usage and decontamination to reduce exposure to carcinogens.
- Implement tools and strategies for reducing exposure to cancer-causing agents for both individuals and leadership at the fire station level.
- Summarize what steps to take after a cancer diagnosis.
Register now or login to access this course.